Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Part 15 - To Meddle, Or, Y'Know, Not.

Well, great. Erin. Think Keegan.

The problem here is that honestly, I don’t know that many of the girls. Of course, everyone knows the hot chicks, that group of girls who would be the grade’s cheerleaders if they did that sort of thing at school. Then there’s the girls from class I know, and some classes let you get to know a few better than the others. But really, I couldn’t put a name to half the female faces in our grade.

Not knowing it had pissed off Jase, at any rate. He mumbled something about having to get back to class, although god knows why. It was Legal, with Berzo ‘teaching’. Odds were he was showing that episode of The Simpsons again, the one with the flimsy connection to business law. Marge buys a franchise, and then the Yakuza fight the Mafia on the front lawn at the end. It was exciting enough the first time he pulled out the tape and we got to watch The Simpsons in class, but now it just reeked of lazy education. Maybe Jase was actually learning something across the hall, but I didn’t really feel like watching that damn episode again.

Still, it’d give me a chance to figure out who Erin was, then return to Jase at lunch full of praise for his excellent choice of hot girlfriend material. And then start meddling.

‘So Manda, who’s Erin?’

‘god keegan, you really don’t know, do you? I thought you were just winding jase up.’

‘telling me off is not the same as telling me who she is.’

‘well, you know Stephanie, Peter Keegan, Jenny, that whole group in the middle yeah?’ she meant the uber-nerds. They threw the grading curve which the English department denied existed.

‘yeah. Tim and Jeff.’ Also in the group, but not quite uber-nerdy.

‘well, you know the shorter blonde chick that hangs around there? The one that joined that card game you all play in roll call? like any of you took your eyes offa her for a second. like a pack of hungry, undersexed dogs.’

‘Her? hmm. Jase did flip out a bit more than the rest of us. she's pretty cute.’ A little too innocent looking for me though. The kinda girl that’d want to wait. Like Anna, come to think of it. Damn. Maybe I do like the innocent looking ones. 'and I object to being called hungry. undersexed dog I may be, but I ate breakfast.'

‘well I think Jase has bio with her, same class as nikki, and she was having a go about them sitting up the back giggling away.

‘So you knew this, and you still let me spend that whole break just now trying to find out what chick he likes?’

‘just cos he sat up the back with her doesn’t mean he likes her. We had to get confirmation.’

‘Amanda, boys in science class cluster together, steal supplies and set things on fire. They don’t sit up the back and giggle.’

She was quiet for a moment. In the darkened room, Marge and Chief Wiggum jumped through the air as the Falafel King exploded thanks to Fat Tony’s henchmen.

‘I don’t think he really likes her. I think he was just getting the shits at us, and just said someone who he knew that you didn’t so you’d shut up.’ She got a little cuter when she was concentrating on a thought. It was slightly dark, and for a moment I could imagine being at the movies, and all the extra meaning that sitting next to someone brings to that situation.

‘well if not her, then who?’

‘mmm. Dunno. Doesn’t matter anyway. He said he likes her, she needs someone. I’ve got some matchmaking to do.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home